Monday, December 10, 2012

First attempt at DIY Wreath making......

I saw a cute little wreath on pinterest that I decided to try and make.  It can be for Christmas but can be used at other times of year as well.  Total cost for everything was about $11.  This is a picture of the wreath from pinterest.
 
 
Here is my attempt.

Items needed are:
  • Yarn (I had a lot leftover)
  • Glue (I used both fabric glue and a hot glue gun)
  • One of the round wreath forms you can get at craft stores (an interesting thing I read was that you can buy the black round tubing at lowe's for about $0.97 and then glue the ends together and it works as well as the ones you buy at the craft stores for $5 or $6.  I have not tried this yet)
  • Sheets of felt.  I used two colors and only used one sheet of each color for this wreath.  
  • Buttons (3-4) or Bells, etc.
  • Scissors
  • Ribbon for hanging (optional).

Basically just start by wrapping the wreath form with the yarn.  I wrapped it pretty tight so the white couldn't be seen






Next I worked on the flowers.  I made three: one large, one medium and one small.  I cut them freehand so they are not exactly even but I like that look.  I used two colors for the flowers.  I used the fabric glue to put the two pieces of felt together to make the flower petals.







I then put the flowers together with a hot glue gun.  I finished them with a button in the center.  Again using the hot glue gun I glued the flowers to the wreath.  I started with the larger one at the bottom and glued them up the right side decreasing in size. 





I added a ribbon to the top for hanging but I haven't decided if I like it better with or without the ribbon.  I'm leaning towards without the ribbon. 


Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment